Monday, April 22, 2013

Infinit Mud!?!

So, I've never been much of a coffee drinker and really don't like the taste of chocolate. However, I do like some caffeine for breakfast to help get me rolling!  Recently, I tried Infinit Mud for my caffeine kick and I am very impressed so far.

A few weeks ago, Infinit Nutrition was holding a free shipping and free package of Mud if you spend X amount. I was drawn by the free shipping but the free Mud was an added perk. I hadn't ever tried it before, but had always been a bit intrigued. I was needing to replenish my Napalm stores with the racing season quickly approaching, so I placed my order for enough Napalm to get me through the year which crossed the line into the free shipping and package a Mud.

On their website, Mud is marketed as "a Coffee/mocha-flavored, pre-race meal replacement or recovery drink loaded with protein, natural chocolate, aminos, premium flax and 3 carbs." I didn't really know what to expect. Honestly, based on the name, I thought it would be really thick, and possibly hard to drink post work-out. I am glad I was wrong. The drink itself is mixed with milk rather than water, and stays really smooth once mixed. It goes down very easy and has a great taste. Neither the coffee or the mocha flavor are overpowering which I appreciate.

One of the main reasons I don't drink coffee in the morning is because I don't like hot beverages after a workout. My schedule lately (and the fact that we are still getting snow here in April) has dictated morning indoor bike rides. Drinking a cold serving...or two...of mud right afterwords really hits the spot. It is actually quite filling as well. It has about 210 calories per serving according to the supplement facts. Two servings post morning workout is just about enough to hold me until lunch time. The caffeine is not enough to make me jittery, but I definitely wasn't dragging at all either. I think I may have found my new favorite liquid breakfast! Well done Infinit crew, yet another one of your products I am hooked on.

Servings Per Container 22
Serving Size: 1 Scoops (33 g)
Calories: 210
Total Fat: 1g
Saturated Fat: 1g
Sodium: 125 mg
Total Carbohydrate: 32 g
Dietary Fiber: 1 g
Sugars: 21 g
Protein: 19 g

No comments:

Post a Comment