Saturday, March 23, 2013

Taper Time!

Two weeks out from IronMan 70.3 Galveston! Last long ride was this morning. Time to taper. It has been a long off season with much higher volumes than I have ever had before. So far, I have gone 147 straight days without taking an off day. This week, the volume was the highest I have ever hit, and my legs are telling me it's time to take it easy. Pretty much, it means it is almost time to see if I did enough during my off season to make strides towards my goals for the 2013 season! 

Here is what my training has looked like since October.


I'll be starting my taper off in Haiti on a service project. My wife and I are bringing a group of college students down to help move an orphanage from Port au'Prince to Jacmel. Hopefully I'll be able to post a few updates during the building process while I am there! Check out www.lovetakesroot.org to learn more about the organization we are working with. 


No comments:

Post a Comment