Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Goals for 2013 & Beyond

It is that time of year again. I am not much of fan of New Year's Resolutions, but goals are extremely important to me. Contradictory, I know. New Year's Resolutions just seem so cliche and appear to be met with very little follow through by many. I am also in the midst of a fairly substantial change in my working situation (same job, different responsibilities). With any life change, I think it is necessary to reassess the direction you are heading.

 I have high expectations for next year and even higher for the following years. I believe the only difference between a goal and is a wish is that a goal is written down. There also has to be an action plan in place for every goal. I have re-done the 50 goals for the next 10 years assignment I first did when I was 16. A few of them are listed below. Many of them are more personal or have no meaning to anyone other than me. Hopefully, this increases the accountability to reach them!

Tri Specific Goals:

  1. Attain my Pro card by the end of the 2013 season
  2. Attain a sponsorship by the end of 2013
  3. Win an Ironman 70.3 AG in 2013
  4. Podium in every 70.3 and 140.6 race I compete in for 2013
  5. Podium in a 140.6 and a 70.3 at the Pro level by 2018
  6. Qualify for World Championships as a Pro
Other Goals:
  1. Publish 15 research articles/reviews by 2018
  2. Gain accreditation for the human performance program by 2014
  3. Have the Human Performance Lab up and running 2013
  4. Devote more time to family every year 

No comments:

Post a Comment